I usually like winter...most people I know can't wait for spring but I think the snow is beautiful and I don't usually mind it. Except for this year.
We've been getting pounded week after week with so much snow the roads are slippery, we currently have two guys up on our roof removing snow and ice dams which have caused water leaking into a window and I'm getting over an intestinal bug.
At least I planned my Purim Shalach Manos baskets way in advance so everything is either ordered online or sitting in boxes in a closet. Whenever the grand kids sleep over they ask for pancakes for breakfast so that's what inspired this year's baskets. (I make them mini silver dollar pancakes...no fork!) Here's what I've got planned.
2. I also found kosher Vermont maple syrup online in little bottles.
3. I have these clear plastic tubes that I'll fill with chocolate chips.
4. Mini blueberry jams jars were found online.
5. This Log Cabin pancake mix is parve! Perfect for recipients that keep Cholov Yisroel.
6. Picked up pretty tea towels at Ikea last week which will be nestled in the bottom of each basket.
Have a good Shabbos and great weekend. I hope the weather is kinder where you live.