I've been noticing these adorable kid's alphabet pillows for a while. They are not expensive but the problem was I needed a "Y" and the color it came in wasn't right for his room. So, of course I had to make one myself and it was really easy.
1. Start with a solid colored pillow. You can easily sew one or purchase one like I did.
2. Type the font and print, them blow up on a copier to the size you want on the pillow.
3. Cut out letter and pin to the fabric. (I used gray felt.)
4. Cut the felt letter carefully with sharp scissors.
5. Pin the felt letter to the pillow.
6. Using a whip stitch, sew the letter onto the pillow. (This took a while so I worked while watching TV!)
Since this is for a boy's room I choose a simple masculine font but it would work just as well with a fun curly font or script font for a girl's room.