Although he's only four years old, Yosef keeps asking when I'm going to "decorate" his room. Since moving in this past summer there hasn't been much time to give his room much love—until now. Here's what I'm thinking...
1. The walls are currently an off-white so it shouldn't be too hard to paint them a soft gray and give them this horizontal stripped wall treatment.
2. I'd love to incorporate a large "map" either on one wall or maybe just blown up and framed with some molding.
3. He already has the Ikea Trofast toy storage system so I'll incorporate that into the design.
4. He's only four but they grow up so fast--he'll need a desk eventually.
5. I bought this bed on Craig's List when he turned three. It's painted a dark blue but it's kind of chipped after the move so a fresh coat of a...
6. brick red will look great.
7. An indoor/outdoor rug holds up so well to boy's wear and tear and is so easy to clean. This one is from Home Decorators Collection.
He already has a dresser and I hope to swap the wood blinds (currently in the girl's room) into his, so we'll see how this progresses!