I'm not much of a baker but when a bunch of bananas on the counter started getting brown and soft I didn't want to just toss them in the garbage. I remembered this recipe I found on Pinterest.
This banana bread uses no flour—instead it calls for ground almonds (you can find them at Trader Joe's.) It makes a moist bread perfect for breakfast or snacking.
3 ripe banana's mashed
1 T. vanilla
1 T. honey
1/4 cup vegan shortening (I used coconut oil)
2 cups ground almond flour
1/2 t. sea salt
1 t. baking powder
1. Place bananas, eggs, vanilla honey and shortening in a food processor or bowl.
2. Mix together.
3. Add almond flour, salt and baking soda. Mix well.
4. Pour batter into a greased loaf pan.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and cool.
Recipe from: elana's pantry © 2013 www.elanaspantry.com
You can file this recipe away in your Passover recipe book, too. So easy and good!