If you're like me you've made your share of the classic Hamantaschen cookie filled with everything from poppy seed, prune and chocolate fillings. Nothing wrong with those, but check out what is happening to Hamantaschen today: anything from sweet and sour, salty, rainbow colored dough and more! Here's what I mean...
1. Do you love S'more's but it's not grilling season? Try marshmallows and chocolate in your Hamantaschen.
2. Famous 4th Street delicatessen in Philly adds the poppy seeds right on the cookie dough as well as in the filling. Cakespy
3. Israeli bakeries are giving the classic Purim
cookie a personality makeover, introducing flaky crusts and savory new
fillings, like goat cheese and pesto. Haaretz
4. Not only are these filled with a rich chocolate ganache in the center, but chopped chocolate is added to the dough. Martha Stewart
5. Try savory instead of sweet: caramelized onions,
tomato, basil and goat cheese make these the perfect appetizer to serve
this holiday. Kosher in the Kitch
6. These Dark Chocolate Ganache with Salted Caramel Drizzle sound awesome! My Jewish Learning