These can be tucked into favor bags and passed out at the end of the meal, placed in an envelope along with a New Year's card or just give to the kids for a yummy honey treat.
The ingredients are...
You'll also need a candy mold (I found some at candylandcrafts), a candy thermometer.
Makes 1 dozen
1 cup sugar
1 cup honey
2/3 cup light corn syrup
Flax seeds, if desired
1. Prepare an ice water bath and set aside.
2. Combine sugar, corn syrup and 1/4 cup of water to a boil in a saucepan, stirring only until sugar dissolves.
3. After about 5 minutes or so, the candy thermometer should register 300 to 310 degrees.
4. Quickly set pan in the ice-bath water to stop the cooking and let sit for about 20 seconds.
5. Pour syrup into candy molds, press in lollipop sticks and press seeds into the syrup.
6. Let harden and cool.
Flags were made with Washi tape and the message is written with a sharpie marker.
If you haven't already, don't forget to enter the contest to win a honey gift box give-a-way!