All it takes to make these beautiful stars are a compass, ruler, scissors and heavy paper. Here's how:
1. Draw a circle with the compass, keeping in mind the size. (Mine are 8 inches.)
2. Take half of your circumference (mine was was 4 inches) and mark those points all around the circle. When you're done, you'll have 6 points.
3. With a ruler, draw lines to attach all points forming two triangles.
4. Cut out the star with scissors.
5. Fold the star three times--point to point.
6. Flip the star over--now fold three times again between each of the little triangles.
When you're done folding it should look like this:
These look so pretty in colored paper as well as silver and gold papers.
I strung mine in a garland but they'll also look beautiful tied onto gifts as a tag, or as place settings.