Since I don't live in a forest I decided to bring a bit of it into our home in a very modern graphic way. This combines my love of spheres (I blogged about it a few years ago here) with my love of moss.
1. Find a nice bowl--I used a hand thrown pottery bowl I already owned.
2. Cut a child's ball in half and stuffed it with plastic bags.
3. Place it ball side up in the bowl.
4. Use a glue gun and packaged moss from the craft store.
5. Keep gluing the moss onto the bowl covering any areas where the colored ball shows through.
6. You're done!
No one will know it's not from a fancy schmancy home store!