Walking in my neighborhood last week, I couldn't help but be awed by all the colorful berries that sprang up on trees and bushes in the last month. They are just too pretty to leave outdoors so I gathered some ideas on how to incorporate them in the home.
Here are seven favorites...
1. So easy! Just pile some mini pumpkins in a bowl with autumn leaves and some berries.
2. A gourd looks very modern and sculptural when used as a vase for berries.
3. Perfect for the front door of a country home: berries intertwined in an old rake.
4. Tie a bundle of berries and tack to the wall for displaying photos and cards.
5. Tiny bouquets work in small vessels like these pewter pitchers and bowls.
6. Last Shabbat, I tucked a few sprigs in a napkin ring for a beautiful autumn place setting.
7. The more the better--gather a huge armful and place in a vase for a magnificent display.
What will you do with berries?