Although I am not a sewer, I wanted to try making a slipcover for a bedroom chair. Since it's not in a high-traffic area, I hoped my limited sewing skills would work for this project.
I had an old chair sitting in the basement that was passed down from my mother-in-law. It had a nice shape but not such nice fabric. I knew this would be the perfect chair for Moussia's room since the glider that was still there since she was a baby was going to soon move to another room for my daughter's new baby (due any day now)!
Here is the before photo. I already took off the cushions and sent them to the upholsterer but you can still get a good idea what it looked like. I liked the lines and it was in really good shape.
The first thing I did was cut off the shirt.
Next I cut fabric pieces to fit each side of the chair and pinned them in place.
This took a good part of my day since there were so many seams to sew.
When I was done I turned the whole slipcover inside out and had to do some "touch-up's" where my sewing wasn't quite correct.
Linked up to:Fingerprints on the Fridge
French Country Cottage